Owning a vehicle fifty years ago was very much different than it is nowadays.
For example, fixing the vehicle, if something would go wrong with it, would come down to finding the proper tools to address the problem and then utilizing them to attack the problem head-on, so to speak.
Nowadays, on the other hand, involves computers – beginning from electronic diagnostics to figuring out what’s wrong with the vehicle, all the way up to tackling the problem by fine-tuning the part that’s gone haywire.
Of course, fixing something on a modern car can be way more complicated than it used to be with the older models, so having a tool that can help you do the diagnostics yourself can be a great way to cut the costs of the repair.
In this article, we’re going to talk about a special breed of modern-day diagnostic tools called the OBD2 scanner with relearn function. These digital dohickeys can help you figure out what’s wrong with your car, and in many cases – you can even fix the thing yourself without having to visit the mechanics.
Here’s the deal.
Our 5 Favorite OBD2 Scanner With Relearn
OBD2 Scanner With Relearn: Reviewed in Detail
There are many OBD2 scanners you can find. You can choose any of them but first, make sure you and your vehicle need them.
We make a list of the best OBD2 scanner with relearn that we are going to show you in this article. Let’s see what the details are.
1. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner – CRP129E Scan Tool for Eng ABS SRS TCM Code Reader
Here are the most important features of this model:
- Battery voltage – … is one of the parameters you can easily check with this LAUNCH contraption. With the help of this function, you will know exactly when you need to refill your battery.
- Lifetime free update – The folks at LAUNCH made sure that this device will stay relevant for years to come, which is why they provided a lifetime free updates.
- 9 supported languages – … means that this product can be used in a variety of countries and regions around the world.
- Engine diagnostics – One of the most important functions of this unit would be its engine diagnostic feature. Using this option, you will be able to detect any engine problem before it starts affecting your driving experience.
- Transmission checkup – … represents an important part of any car maintenance session. So, in case you need to check your transmission, this device will help you take care of it easily.
- SRS and ABS – In addition to engine and transmission checks, this digital contraption also helps you diagnose any problems related to your car’s SRS and ABS systems.
When it comes to figuring out what’s wrong with your trusty four-wheeler, this LAUNCH model can be a great way to precisely pinpoint the trouble-making part beneath the bonnet. If you’re driving a new car model that’s not included in the list of supported vehicles, all you need to do is press a single button to perform a comprehensive system update.
2. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123E Engine
- Brand: LAUNCH
- Product Length: 8.6 inches
- Width: 1.3 inches
- Height: 4.7 inches
- Number of Systems: 4 Systems
- Screen Size: 5 inches
- Code Reader System: Android 7.0 system
- Battery: 6100mAh
- Screen: 5″ 720P Touch Screen
This one is also a good one to consider as it has a lot of facilities. Such as, it has 4 types of systems that provide different facilities themselves. The size of it is perfect. And that’s why you can use it by holding it without any trouble.
Moreover, the function is good for all models, especially newer models. Also, it can read the VIN code with just one key. So, if you have a car with an upgraded model, then you should go for this scanner.
The weight is not too much so that you can carry it anywhere and anytime you want. 2.2 pounds won’t be a big deal. Moreover, the code reader is useful as it is upgraded with the Android 7.0 system. It avoids the flashback issues that can be created if the code doesn’t work well.
Further, you can get a good memory of 16 GB and 6100 mAh battery to ensure full support as wireless. You can get 60 days of unconditional return and 5 years free warranty. Overall, you can make a good deal with it.
3. INNOVA 3160RS Pro OBD2 Scanner
- Brand: Innova
- Model: 3160RS
- Manufacturer: Innova
- Weight: 1.28 pounds
- Product Length: 11.02 inches
- Width: 7.36 inches
- Height: 2.2 inches
- Exterior: Machined
- Network Scan: All-System Network Scan
- Transmission Temperature: Included
- Hybrid Battery: Included
Innova ensures many good facilities that you wish to have in your OBD2 scanner. This lightweight scanner is a trustworthy product with good construction and quality.
The first noticeable thing about it is the all-system network scan. This system helps to scan beyond the powertrain, check engine, SRS, and ABS modules. It also scans the trouble code that no other scanner can do.
Besides, there is an electronic parking brake retractor you can say ABS brake bleeding that provides advanced functions for modern vehicles. So, if you have a vehicle of a newer model, you need this type of scanner.
Also, you can get verified fixes along with parts repair easily with this scanner. If you want a scanner that also has to fix capabilities, you surely go for this one.
We know that the price is a bit higher than the other scanners, but you can have several incredible features in it. And these features are worth the price for sure.
On the other side, a machined exterior is helpful for you to offer some advanced options. That makes it versatile and useful.
4. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123
- Brand: LAUNCH
- Manufacturer: LAUNCH
- Weight: 1.85 pounds
- Length: 11.8 inches
- Width: 8 inches
- Height: 2 inches
- FullFunctions: 10
- Screen Size: 3.5 inches
The CRP123 scanner from LAUNCH is a good quality scanner at a reasonable price. It has 4 transmission systems diagnostic tools to test 4 different systems of your vehicle.
Besides, it has an OBD2 code reader. It helps to read dynamic data streams, freeze frame data, retrieving I/M readiness, and read all vehicle information. It can also read and remove fault codes and turn off the warning light.
Not just that, you can get a lifetime free update and 60 days no reason asked for replacement or refund. So, you can get a lot of facilities if you purchase this scanner.
5. Thinkcar Code Reader TS609 Obd2 Scanner
- Brand: Thinkcar
- Weight: 1.1 pound
- Length: 11.6 inches
- Width: 9.4 inches
- Height: 2.1 inches
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Reset Service: 8
- Tool Support: Reset TPMS, reset SAS, reset OIL, reset BMS, reset ABS, reset DPF, injector coding, and more
The code reader of this scanner is incredible. You can get a lot of features by using it. Also, it can access the ECU for transmission, engine, and ABS, and more.
Further, it can record and playback any kind of data stream and print them easily. These printed diagnosis reports might be useful for you so it is a great advantage.
Besides, you can use it for various types of vehicles. No matter if the model of your vehicle is an old or new one, this scanner fits well with any kind of one.
Moreover, it has 5 years of warranty. So, overall, it is a good option for you if you want a good quality scanner at an affordable price.
6. LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Automotive Scanner
- Live data stream monitoring
- Easy to understand and access the features
- You can record everything, replay, and print data
Introducing the LAUNCH CRP123 OBD II automotive scanner, which comes with complete functions. In addition to viewing data, it also helps you to analyze live data streams, which can play an effective role in easily solving the diagnostic issues of your vehicles.
One of the best features is that you can read and clear fault codes, identify VIN information, you can see the data stream and freeze frames. It is also very easy to release TPMS reset and support 4 essential systems; those are ABS bleed, transmission, engine, and SRS reset. It also has many more advanced features that make it a favorite of beginners and advanced consumers.
In most of the cases, you can see that regular OBD2 scanners do not get any kind of update later, or even if you want to update it required hidden charge, in this case, LAUNCH CRP123 is completely different; with this, you get great service as well as lifetime update for free. You also get 5 years long warranty with it for any difficulty.
7. FOXWELL Automotive OBD2 Scanner
- You can see the live data, which is also easy to record
- Recorded data can be played back in graph and printable
- It has an auto VIN scan feature, which can help to diagnose your vehicles quickly
Are you looking for an advanced featured best OBD2 scanner with relearn to diagnose all systems of your car? Then undoubtedly, Foxwell may be outstanding a selection. It does not only do engine light diagnosis of your vehicles, but it also has the capabilities of complete system diagnoses.
Its interface is very easy, and any beginner can easily access all its dashboard features. Also, one of the best features is that it has a complete test mode, which means you can easily read, and clear code. You will get real-time access data, onboard monitoring, component test, and other essential tasks easily.
Foxwell OBD2 automotive scanner also helps you to reset the oil lamp, bleed brake fluid, close the brake pad, and active and deactivate EPB. Its great compatibility helps to access the car’s dashboard easily. Its lifetime updates and 5 years warranty will ensure you a lot about its quality.
8. ANCEL FX2000 OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool
- 4 data live stream in one graph
- Support maximum vehicles model
- You will get an advanced onboard monitoring test.
- It can read a live data stream and be able to play it back.
Ancel is the most popular automotive car code reader brand; this OBD2 scanner is very popular, especially because of its engine diagnosis and transmission test, abs scan, airbag diagnosis, and other advanced features. Also, the device’s user interface is very simple as our other picks; you can easily access the complete code read, clear, and other features with the help of its seven buttons.
Many times, your vehicle’s check engine light is open due to fault codes; in this case, other regular OBS2 tools are a very difficult process of erasing the code, but a great side of ANCEL FX2000 is that you can read and erase with just a few clicks. Another aspect of it is that it supports almost all vehicle models.
If we see in detail, then we can see that this OBD2 scanner can be smoothly supported in the after 1996 US vehicles, after 2002 EU vehicles, and after 2005 the Asian and other countries manufactured vehicles. Its advanced data stream graph also helps to easily access real-time data in graph format.
9. ANCEL VD700 All System OBD2 Scanner
- You can get real-time data
- Efficiently monitors onboard computers
- It comes with basic and advanced functions for Volkswagen vehicles
- It has six modes and other functions for OBD II vehicles
The ANCEL VD700 is an upgraded version of the VD500 obd2 scanner, which supports on all vehicles after 1996, and fixes common issues as well as efficiently monitors onboard computers, health, sensors, and other things.
It is completely different than the previous model, especially the previous obd2 scanner, which only had V/A, OBD2, and EOBD diagnosis scanner. But the upgrade has multiple scanners, easy to understand graphical dashboard, as well as a large screen, which has made it much easier to access all its settings. It helps you to easily access data stream, EVAP system, battery health check, vehicle information, I/M readiness, read codes and erase codes.
Some special features make it very different from other OBD2 scanners, such as TPMS reset, brake pad reset, steering angle learning, throttle position adaption, and other basic settings you can access and continue.
10. TT TOPDON OBD2 Wireless Scanner
- The graphical live data stream helps to easy understand
- The long wireless range for efficient working
- It has 28 maintenance services
- It comes with lifetime free update features to use bug-free features.
There are many who prefer wireless obd2 scanners over cable obd2 scanners, so TT Topdon OBD2 wireless scanner is a great option for them. It has 28 maintenance services, which will help diagnose and monitor almost any computing system errors in your vehicle.
The best part is that it is the best professional obd2 scanner to do all the work at a professional level, with convenient design and one-touch auto VIN technology help to identify any things quickly, but it may not work in all vehicles, sometimes it may fail to connect in some old models vehicles. There are also oil light, steering angle, injector coding, EPB, AdBlue, airbag, gearbox, suspension, and other things to help read and reset the code, as well as help to reset error codes.
One of the most beneficial aspects is that it has a complete user manual for beginners to easily understand whole the advanced features, which assists in understanding everything in detail. It included a safety case to carry it easily and a password envelope. It also provides a lifetime update without charge.
11. Autel MaxiTPMS TS501 TPMS Relearn Tool 2022 Newest
- Brand: Autel
- Length:7.96 inches
- Width: 4.2 inches
- Height: 1.48 inches
- Power Source: Battery-powered
If you want advanced features in an OBD2 scanner, you can check out this product. Calling it advanced because of its rare features and useful techniques.
The first we want to share is the construction. It is specially designed to generate all known universal TPMS or OEM sensors. This is the new feature that is included in this scanner.
Besides, you can use it by attaching an OBD cable. It can create 1-16 Sensors automatically. So, it is possible to create up to 16 sensors easily with this tool. It is also available to activate the original sensor first. That’s how you can get authentic sources through it that is beneficial for sure.
Further, it can activate magnetic, tire deflation, and frequency sensors by using 125 kHz. Modulated wave signals also work well on it. Besides, it offers an easy diagnosing system for TPMS problems and identifies them.
Moreover, you can see battery status and OEM part no. So, checking these things is easier. You can get a free lifetime software update and it will be a great deal for sure.
Things You Need To Consider While buying OBD2 Scanner With Relearn
When you are going to buy a scanner for your vehicle, you must check all the details, especially the technology first. The reason is, if you have a scanner that doesn’t fit well with your model of vehicle, then it will be worthless.
Every scanner is different. That’s why you have to check the details of the technology and then choose your perfect scanner accordingly.
Having the proper connectivity function is compulsory. If you check and find the fact where you can get the appropriate connectivity. It is important because, with it, you cannot do any work.
Also, the scanner is completely useless if you don’t have any connection to it. Every scanner has this feature but before buying any of that, you have to check if the feature works well or not.
Diagnostic Tools Range
When you check, you might notice that there is a number that defines a diagnostic feature. It is also a necessary thing to consider if you are using an OBD2 scanner.
Such as, if you are a DIYer, you need a scanner that has few diagnostic capabilities. On the other hand, if your work is harder, then you need another type of scanner with more diagnostic capabilities.
That doesn’t mean you cannot use one kind of scanner in opposite work. Both scanners are good and you can use them for any kind of work. But for better service, you need to be careful. Choose according to your need and preference.
Compatibility is something that you must have in any tool you are using. That’s the first thing you have to check when you are getting a scanner for your purpose.
Not all types of the scanner can do everything you want. It has some limitations. It should be matched with your car’s model. That’s how it will work properly.
So, while buying, you have to take some tests to ensure its compatibility. It has to be compatible with your vehicle because that’s the main purpose of having it.
Why You Can Buy an OBD2 Scanner Tool with Relearn?
Diagnose Common Issues
Many things can happen with your vehicle engine, which monitors the modern car’s onboard computing system. Still, some system errors can not fix the car’s computing system, which mainly fixes the OBD2 scanner effortlessly.
Change the Settings
There is a lot of data, which can be easily controlled by the OBD2 scanner effortlessly. You may see the check engine light ON due to any engine or other difficulty of vehicles. Still, sometimes you can see that, after many searches, you may not be able to reach the issues, in this case, to reset the check the reset light issues, as well as issues like temperature sensor, tire pressure can be easily changed the settings and monitoring with the help of OBD2 scanner tool.
Access Hidden Information
The OBD2 relearn tool is very effective, especially upgrading each OBD2 scanner tool. You can easily access hidden information, including real-time data of your vehicles, interior another feature tracking, which will help you to access your vehicles more deeply for health monitoring.
Types of OBD2 Scanners
There are two types of OBD II scanners in the market, and those are wired and wireless, let’s get acquainted.
Wired OBD-II scanner plug is most commonly used; it is directly connected to the OBD port with cable help. You cannot face any kind of difficulty connecting; many OBD2 scanners are USB cables supported to connect more easily, it does not require separate battery power. However, when you work on the engine bay, maybe your vehicle cannot move anywhere.
Wireless obd2 scanners are battery-operated, as well as they require WiFi or Bluetooth network for connecting to your vehicles without cables. Many people are faced with hassles with its connecting, but its convenient features and mobility have made it extraordinary and easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you relearn a crankshaft position sensor?
To do that, first, you need to switch off all the things that are connected to electricity. After that, start the vehicle and accelerate to 55 mph. Make sure you do it at part throttle. Then cruise it at 55 mph for about 5-6 minutes.
After that, decelerate to 45 mph and maintain that motion. Make sure you won’t use the brake at that time. Keep repeating this process around 4-5 times.
2. Can an obd2 Scanner reset codes?
Yes, the OBD2 scanner is an incredible tool that can do a lot of things. It can give you an automotive code service. It can also remove the codes. So, you can say it can reset the codes too.
3. What is OBD relearn?
OBD relearn is a procedure that you can do with the help of a TPMS sensor. It can transfer new sensor identities directly to the vehicle’s ECU. So, it will be easier to do all the processes if you use OBD2 relearn procedure.
4. How long does it take for OBD II to reset?
To flash the MIL, it takes about 10 seconds after 15 seconds of starting the resetting process. After happening that, it goes completely illuminated. At that point, you need to start the engine. Overall, it takes 20-25 minutes to get fully reset.
5. What are the two types of relearn procedures?
The basic two types of relearn procedures are OBD and auto relearn. Both are different but useful enough to give you a good outcome.
We have described you and give you a complete explanation of the best OBD2 scanner with relearn. You need to check all the features and advantages well. Also, you must check if there is a disadvantage in that product or not.
What matters the most is your preference and compatibility of the scanner and your vehicle. Check all the details well and then purchase wisely!
- 👏【Bi-Directional Control Scan Tool, Essential for Troubleshooting Modern Cars】Big Surprise! Since 1st June 2022, with the same cost, Autel MaxiCOM MK808 has been added $300+ valued NEW...
- 👏【Same as MP808/MP808K, Save $300+】The coming new software version V2.62 (release on 2022 June 1) brings powerful active test functions, making MK808 the most cost-effective Autel scanner. With...
- 👏【2022 Newest & 28+ Services】Autel MK808 is the most mature and reliable autel diagnostic tablet with years of proven market test, able to perform up to 28+ services such as Oil Reset, ABS...
- 👏【Auto Auth & Digital Inspection】From 2022 June 1, Autel MK808 adds new function "Auto Auth" which allows this tablet to communicate with FCA SGW Authorization certification system to unlock...
- 👏【Powerful Full System Diagnostics】MK808 is a full system diagnostic scanner as it can access all available car electronic systems like ABS, SRS(Airbag), Engine, Transmission, Brake Systems and...
- 【5 Hot Reset Services, Auto VIN】TOPDON ArtiDiag600 is upgrade version of TOPDON Artidiag500 and TODON Artidiag500S.Enjoy 5 most popular maintenance services(enjoy Lifetime free upgrade) in this...
- 【4 Systems Diagnosis, Data Graphical Display, Data Record & Playback】This TOPDON Car Scanner works for Engine/SRS/ABS/Transmission diagnoses,which is compatible with 42 car brands now and enjoy...
- 【Auto-Saved Report, DTC Lookup, Feedback Online】Inspection report records at this code reader automatically saved or manually screenshoted can be shared by e-mail. Find detailed DTCs explanations...
- 【Touch Screen & Button, One-click WIFI Software Update, Battery Voltage Test】the combination of touch screen and button on this TOPDON OBD2 scanner bring huge convience of operation for car repair...
- 【Wide Applicable Crowd】Whether you are a DIYer want to make car repairs yourself instead of paying a mechanic, or a mechanic wants to make repairs and maintenances to grow customer base with...
- 【Vehicle CEL Doctor】The NT301 obd2 scanner enables you to read DTCs, locate bad O2 sensors, access to emissions readiness status, turn off CEL(check engine light) or MIL, reset monitor, read live...
- 【Accuracy & Streams】Live data graphing and logging. Accurately read error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light trucks and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Graphing live vehicle sensors data...
- 【Worthy to Own】Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Codes analysis and Printer compatible. Unique PATENTED design, 2.8" color screen, Free Lifetime Update and 1-year seller assurance...
- 【Smog Check Helper】Read/Erase and I/M readiness hotkeys make it easy to use the car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness...
- 【Home Necessity】Open to global customers. No battery required, NT301 obd scanner is charged directly from the 16pin DLC in your vehicle. It is recommended as a necessity in your toolbox and one of...
- 🎁【Free FULL OBD2 Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE FULL OBD2 Tool which works for GM cars. Limited quantity. First come, first served.
- 👍【2022 UPGRADED VERSION CAR SCANNER】MUCAR CS4 obd2 scanner is upgraded Version of CRP123/CRP123E/FOXWELL NT604 ELITE/ VII+/ANCEL FX2000➤Most used 4 system diagnoses (ABS/SRS/ENGINE/AT) ➤5...
- 👍【4 LIFETIME FREE SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC + LIVE DATA IN GRAPHING + DATA RECORD AND PLAYBACK】MUCAR CS4 car scanner read and reset Engine, Transmission, ABS and SRS systems, turn off the warning...
- 👍【5 LIFETIME FREE SPECIAL SERVICE FUNCTIONS + FULL OBD2 MODES TEST +HEALTH REPORT PRINT】MUCAR car scanner diagnostic for all cars can do Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic...
- 🚗【OVER 100000+ VEHICLE MODELS COVERAGE+ 13 LANGUAGES SUPPORTSED】This scan tool extensive vehicle coverage Includes 94+ vehicle brands, works on most vehicles after 1996 and up to 2020,...
- MAINTAIN PEAK PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY ON THE ROAD - The 3020RS Code Scanner helps you easily find the problem and fix the problem. Use the free mobile application RepairSolutions2 on Apple App Store or...
- PREMIUM OBD2 CODE READER WITH ENHANCED COVERAGE AND FUNCTIONALITY - This car diagnostic tool empowers home mechanics, automotive enthusiasts, and service & repair technicians with professional-level...
- EASY SELF-DIAGNOSIS OF EMISSION STATUS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Know your smog check results before your state does. This scanner tool determines whether you’ll pass a state vehicle smog...
- EASY TO USE WITH ITS PATENTED ALL-IN-ONE DISPLAY - With the Innova 3020RS OBD2 scanner you can see over 20 pieces of information on a single screen and can access its functions with dedicated hotkeys....
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE WITH USA DESIGNED AND SUPPORTED PRODUCTS - Our California-based, ASE-Certified Customer Support Team is glad to assist you as you navigate through this product. It's a perfect...
- 🚖 [Enhanced OBD2 Scanner LAUNCH CR529] An “Amazon’s choice” OBD2 scanner also highly recommended by YouTube celebrities & editors: ➤the patent I/M Check + HELP hotkey for quick access to...
- 🚖 [Efficient Hot-Keys] 3-hotkey gives even a beginner an operation boost. Fast and accurate; no delay to get results!✅ The patented one-click I/M Hot key quickly show the readiness status for...
- 🚖 [OBDII Scanner with All Test Modes] Read & Erase DTCs; display Live Data & Freeze Frame Data; test EVAP; access to O2 Sensor and Onboard components monitoring results; run tests of an onboard...
- 🚖 [2.8” Screen & Graph Data Streams] OBD2 Scanner LAUNCH CR529 comes with a bright & nicely-pixelated 2.8” screen. The color screen is larger than many cheap rivals, allows more information...
- 🚖 [10,000+ DTC Definitions Inside] Many cheap code readers simply read the fault codes without description. With car scanner CR529 you don’t need to Google any code as it has an OBD2 DTC library...
- MAINTAIN PEAK PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY ON THE ROAD - Innova’s 5610 bidirectional scan tool helps you easily find the problem and fix the problem. The included car code scanner app, RepairSolutions2...
- OBD2 CODE READER TO SCAN AND CLEAR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WITH ENGINE READER DIAGNOSTICS - This steering angle reset tool empowers the home mechanic with professional-level functionality. It is a vehicle...
- SEND COMMANDS WITH BIDIRECTIONAL CONTROLS - This bidirectional scanner sends commands to your vehicle to actively test actuators and functionality like fuel pumps, injectors, electronic parking...
- EASY SELF-DIAGNOSIS OF EMISSION STATUS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Know your smog check results before your state does. This car check engine light reader determines whether you’ll pass the...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE WITH USA DESIGNED AND SUPPORTED PRODUCTS - Our California-based, ASE-Certified Customer Support Team is glad to assist you as you navigate through this product. It's a perfect...