Owning a vehicle fifty years ago was very much different than it is nowadays.
For example, fixing the vehicle, if something would go wrong with it, would come down to finding the proper tools to address the problem and then utilizing them to attack the problem head on, so to speak.
Nowadays, on the other hand, involves computers – beginning from electronic diagnostics to figure out what’s wrong with the vehicle, all the way up to tackling the problem by fine-tuning the part that’s gone haywire.
Of course, fixing something on a modern car can be way more complicated than it used to be with the older models, so having a tool that can help you do the diagnostics yourself can be a great way to cut the costs of the repair.
In this article, we’re going to talk about a special breed of modern-day diagnostic tools called the OBD2 scanner with relearn function. These digital dohickeys can help you figure out what’s wrong with your car, and in many cases – you can even fix the thing yourself without having to visit the mechanics.
Here’s the deal.
Our 3 Favorite OBD2 Scanner With Relearn
OBD2 Scanner With Relearn: Reviewed in Detail
There are many OBD2 scanners you can find. You can choose any of them but first, make sure you and your vehicle need them.
We make a list of the best OBD2 scanner with relearn that we are going to show you in this article. Let’s see what the details are.
1. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner -CRP129E Scan Tool for Eng ABS SRS TCM Code Reader
When it comes to figuring out what’s wrong with your trusty four-wheeler, this LAUNCH model can be a great way to precisely pinpoint the trouble-making part beneath the bonnet. If you’re driving a new car model that’s not included in the list of supported vehicles, all you need to do is press a single button to perform a comprehensive system update.
Here are the most important features of this model
- Battery voltage – … is one of the parameters you can easily check with this LAUNCH contraption. With the help of this function, you will know exactly when you need to refill your battery.
- Lifetime free update – The folks at LAUNCH made sure that this device will stay relevant for years to come, which is why they provided a lifetime free updates.
- 9 supported languages – … means that this product can be used in a variety of countries and regions around the world.
- Engine diagnostics – One of the most important functions of this unit would be its engine diagnostic feature. Using this option, you will be able to detect any engine problem before it starts affecting your driving experience.
- Transmission checkup – … represents an important part of any car maintenance session. So, in case you need to check your transmission, this device will help you take care of it easily.
- SRS and ABS – In addition to engine and transmission checks, this digital contraption also helps you diagnose any problems related to your car’s SRS and ABS systems.
- Engine checkup
- Transmission checkup
- SRS and ABS system diagnostics
- Battery voltage test
- Lifetime free update function
- 9 supported languages
- One-click update
- 5-year warranty
- Fairly expensive
2. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123E Engine
This one is also a good one to consider as it has a lot of facilities. Such as, it has 4 types of systems that provide different facilities themselves. The size of it is perfect. And that’s why you can use it by holding it without any trouble.
Moreover, the function is good for all models, especially newer models. Also, it can read the VIN code with just one key. So, if you have a car with an upgraded model, then you should go for this scanner.
The weight is not too much so that you can carry it anywhere and anytime you want. 2.2 pounds won’t be a big deal. Moreover, the code reader is useful as it is upgraded with the Android 7.0 system. It avoids the flashback issues that can be created if the code doesn’t work well.
Further, you can get a good memory of 16 GB and 6100 mAh battery to ensure full support as wireless. You can get 60 days of unconditional return and 5 years free warranty. Overall, you can make a good deal with it.
- Brand: LAUNCH
- Product Length: 8.6 inches
- Width: 1.3 inches
- Height: 4.7 inches
- Number of Systems: 4 Systems
- Screen Size: 5 inches
- Code Reader System: Android 7.0 system
- Battery: 6100mAh
- Screen: 5″ 720P Touch Screen
- Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream
- Code reader helps to avoid flashback issues
- Has a good amount of memory
- Might be hard to connect to certain vehicles
3. INNOVA 3160RS Pro OBD2 Scanner
Innova ensures many good facilities that you wish to have in your OBD2 scanner. This lightweight scanner is a trustworthy product with good construction and quality.
The first noticeable thing about it is the all-system network scan. This system helps to scan beyond the powertrain, check engine, SRS, and ABS modules. It also scans the trouble code that no other scanner can do.
Besides, there is an electronic parking brake retractor you can say ABS brake bleeding that provides advanced functions for modern vehicles. So, if you have a vehicle of a newer model, you need this type of scanner.
Also, you can get verified fixes along with parts repair easily with this scanner. If you want a scanner that also has to fix capabilities, you surely go for this one.
We know that the price is a bit higher than the other scanners, but you can have several incredible features in it. And these features are worth the price for sure.
On the other side, a machined exterior is helpful for you to offer some advanced options. That makes it versatile and useful.
- Brand: Innova
- Model: 3160RS
- Manufacturer: Innova
- Weight: 1.28 pounds
- Product Length: 11.02 inches
- Width: 7.36 inches
- Height: 2.2 inches
- Exterior: Machined
- Network Scan: All-System Network Scan
- Transmission Temperature: Included
- Hybrid Battery: Included
- Has the ability to diagnose and read sensor data and tire pressure
- Read hybrid battery cell voltage and diagnose any charging issues
- Might not be suitable as an ABS code reader
4. Autel MaxiTPMS TS501 TPMS Relearn Tool 2021 Newest
If you want advanced features in an OBD2 scanner, you can check out this product. Calling it advanced because of its rare features and useful techniques.
The first we want to share is the construction. It is specially designed to generate all known universal TPMS or OEM sensors. This is the new feature that is included in this scanner.
Besides, you can use it by attaching an OBD cable. It can create 1-16 Sensors automatically. So, it is possible to create up to 16 sensors easily with this tool. It is also available to activate the original sensor first. That’s how you can get authentic sources through it that is beneficial for sure.
Further, it can activate magnetic, tire deflation, and frequency sensors by using 125 kHz. Modulated wave signals also work well on it. Besides, it offers an easy diagnosing system for TPMS problems and identifies them.
Moreover, you can see battery status and OEM part no. So, checking these things is easier. You can get a free lifetime software update and it will be a great deal for sure.
- Brand: Autel
- Length:7.96 inches
- Width: 4.2 inches
- Height: 1.48 inches
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Can activate all known sensors
- Saves a lot of money
- Has free lifetime software update
- Doesn’t have a touch screen facility
5. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123
The CRP123 scanner from LAUNCH is a good quality scanner at a reasonable price. It has 4 transmission systems diagnostic tools to test 4 different systems of your vehicle.
Besides, it has an OBD2 code reader. It helps to read dynamic data streams, freeze frame data, retrieving I/M readiness, and read all vehicle information. It can also read and remove fault codes and turn off the warning light.
Not just that, you can get a lifetime free update and 60 days no reason asked for replacement or refund. So, you can get a lot of facilities if you purchase this scanner.
- Brand: LAUNCH
- Manufacturer: LAUNCH
- Weight: 1.85 pounds
- Length: 11.8 inches
- Width: 8 inches
- Height: 2 inches
- FullFunctions: 10
- Screen Size: 3.5 inches
- Has 60 days of replacement warranty
- Perfect gift for those who love gadgets
- Easy to use
- Lifetime free update included
- Might face some problems while diagnosing
6. Thinkcar Code Reader TS609 Obd2 Scanner
The code reader of this scanner is incredible. You can get a lot of features by using it. Also, it can access the ECU for transmission, engine, and ABS, and more.
Further, it can record and playback any kind of data stream and print them easily. These printed diagnosis reports might be useful for you so it is a great advantage.
Besides, you can use it for various types of vehicles. No matter if the model of your vehicle is an old or new one, this scanner fits well with any kind of one.
Moreover, it has 5 years of warranty. So, overall, it is a good option for you if you want a good quality scanner at an affordable price.
- Brand: Thinkcar
- Weight: 1.1 pound
- Length: 11.6 inches
- Width: 9.4 inches
- Height: 2.1 inches
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Reset Service: 8
- Tool Support: Reset TPMS, reset SAS, reset OIL, reset BMS, reset ABS, reset DPF, injector coding, and more
- Record or playback data stream is included
- Supports most of the vehicles
- Has 5 years of warranty
- The screen size is small
Things You Need To Consider While buying OBD2 Scanner With Relearn
When you are going to buy a scanner for your vehicle, you must check all the details, especially the technology first. The reason is, if you have a scanner that doesn’t fit well with your model of vehicle, then it will be worthless.
Every scanner is different. That’s why you have to check the details of the technology and then choose your perfect scanner accordingly.
Having the proper connectivity function is compulsory. If you check and find the fact where you can get the appropriate connectivity. It is important because, with it, you cannot do any work.
Also, the scanner is completely useless if you don’t have any connection to it. Every scanner has this feature but before buying any of that, you have to check if the feature works well or not.
Diagnostic Tools Range
When you check, you might notice that there is a number that defines a diagnostic feature. It is also a necessary thing to consider if you are using an OBD2 scanner.
Such as, if you are a DIYer, you need a scanner that has few diagnostic capabilities. On the other hand, if your work is harder, then you need another type of scanner with more diagnostic capabilities.
That doesn’t mean you cannot use one kind of scanner in opposite work. Both scanners are good and you can use them for any kind of work. But for better service, you need to be careful. Choose according to your need and preference.
Compatibility is something that you must have in any tool you are using. That’s the first thing you have to check when you are getting a scanner for your purpose.
Not all types of the scanner can do everything you want. It has some limitations. It should be matched with your car’s model. That’s how it will work properly.
So, while buying, you have to take some tests to ensure its compatibility. It has to be compatible with your vehicle because that’s the main purpose of having it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you relearn a crankshaft position sensor?
To do that, first, you need to switch off all the things that are connected to electricity. After that, start the vehicle and accelerate to 55 mph. Make sure you do it at part throttle. Then cruise it at 55 mph for about 5-6 minutes.
After that, decelerate to 45 mph and maintain that motion. Make sure you won’t use the brake at that time. Keep repeating this process around 4-5 times.
2. Can an obd2 Scanner reset codes?
Yes, the OBD2 scanner is an incredible tool that can do a lot of things. It can give you an automotive code service. It can also remove the codes. So, you can say it can reset the codes too.
3. What is OBD relearn?
OBD relearn is a procedure that you can do with the help of a TPMS sensor. It can transfer new sensor identities directly to the vehicle’s ECU. So, it will be easier to do all the processes if you use OBD2 relearn procedure.
4. How long does it take for OBD II to reset?
To flash the MIL, it takes about 10 seconds after 15 seconds of starting the resetting process. After happening that, it goes completely illuminated. At that point, you need to start the engine. Overall, it takes 20-25 minutes to get fully reset.
5. What are the two types of relearn procedures?
The basic two types of relearn procedures are OBD and auto relearn. Both are different but useful enough to give you a good outcome.
We have described you and give you a complete explanation of the best OBD2 scanner with relearn. You need to check all the features and advantages well. Also, you must check if there is a disadvantage in that product or not.
What matters the most is your preference and compatibility of the scanner and your vehicle. Check all the details well and then purchase wisely!