The Porter Cable 371K should be on the priority list of serious woodworkers who are looking to get the most out of a lightweight belt sander. This belt sander in particular is built and developed for smaller scale, lightweight jobs.
Benefits Of The Porter Cable 371K
- The Porter Cable 371K is protected quite well, by a rubber shell which is sealed to withstand exposure to dust. The fact that this is a rubber sealing actually makes most of the sander (of course, with the exception of the actual sanding belt area) quite grippable. It will definitely not easily slip away from you hand or any other surface.
- This particular belt sander features a more recessed power button, making it harder to turn off the machine by accident. You are ensured of a reliable and continuous operation, stopping only when you want it to.
- With design aspects preventing any accidental shutdown in place, the Porter Cable 371K also features a unique frontal handle which serves as an auxilliary grip for instances when a two-handed operation is required for safe and quick sanding in some areas.
- Do not be fooled by its rubber-reinforced exterior – the insides of the Porter Cable 371K belt sander are made out of metal components, which makes the entire machine reliable and durable enough for every sort of project and sanding task it can take on.
- Product Dimensions: 15.4 x 9.2 x 7.2 inches
- Item Weight: 8.9 pounds
- Motor: 120-volt, 5 Amp
- Belt Size: 2-1/2 x 14-inch
- Unique Design – The engineers who have established and developed the design of the Porter Cable 371K have clearly prioritized making it work towards making sanding much easier, with grips and shielding in all the right places.
- Convenient Size – The compact design of the Porter Cable 371K belt sander makes it easy to carry, and with its long power cord, woodworkers and designers are able to move freely about a larger space. Because it is smaller, it definitely takes much lesser space in storage.
- Easy To Carry – Having a surprisingly dreamy heft of only approximately less than 6 pounds, this belt sander is definitely lightweight, easy to use to get into areas which may be harder or simply impossible for larger sanders to get into or reach.
- Small, Underestimated – The small and light design of this belt sander will definitely not appeal to the crowd which is looking for a stronger sander able to handle wider belt widths.
The Porter Cable 371K should be on the priority list of serious woodworkers who are looking to get the most out of a lightweight belt sander. It should be emphasized that this belt sander in particular is built and developed for smaller scale, lightweight jobs. Operators and contractors who have a much broader coverage of tasks and projects which vary in intensity and size may need to purchase another sander for heavier loads.
Poter Cable brand has another product which you can consider: Porter Cable 362V. It is the one the top-rated products, and got so many positive feedbacks from customers.