Headlights will always be important for driving, regardless of whether you are driving during the day or night. Previously, headlights are made up of halogen bulbs, which are then upgraded to high-intensity discharge lamps (HID lamps). As technology advanced, more options of the best hid kit for projector headlights were made available for people.
Nonetheless, this does not mean that top HID kits no longer produce the illumination of halogens. You could still get this type of lighting with a brightness range of 4,000 to 5,000K. Normally, the brightness and color of HID kits vary, which you should also take note of when choosing a product.
The great thing about the present times is your freedom to purchase an HID conversion kit at a lower price. This means that you could change your automobile headlights without worrying about investment. You simply have to spare time looking for the right product out of the many options.
The selection of HID kits is not as simple as finding the number one product on product reviews. This takes careful regard on its features, reviews, and compliance to your preferences.
Our 5 Favorite Best Hid Kit for Projector Headlights
- 1 Best Hid Kit for Projector Headlights Reviews
- 1.1 1. Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit
- 1.2 2. Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion Kit
- 1.3 3. Apex HID Xenon Conversion Kit
- 1.4 4. ModifyStreet Projector Headlights
- 1.5 5. BICYACO LED Headlights
- 1.6 6. AlphaRex Dual Projector Headlights
- 1.7 7. Anzo LED Headlights
- 1.8 8. VIPMOTOZ Projector headlight
- 1.9 9. SDX HID Conversion Kit
- 1.10 10. OPT7 Blitz 35W HID Xenon Conversion Kit
- 2 Types of HID Kit
- 3 What to Look For When Buying
Best Hid Kit for Projector Headlights Reviews
Our expert team of experienced mechanics came to a conclusion after having significant research and experiments. They have concluded with ten outstanding head kit for projector headlights for your car. Let’s talk about them in detail, along with their characteristics.
1. Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit
The product introduced itself as a conversion kit with premium ballasts. It is available in all colors and bulb sizes as claimed. The headlamp replacement comes with a light intensity of 6,000K.
Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit is composed of two 9006 xenon HID bulbs, aluminum carry case, premium ballasts, installation manual, and mounting brackets. Your color options under the series are bright yellow, white, pink, blue and purple. All sizes are also available, giving you easier search for bulbs fitting your car.
The product aims to replace your traditional halogen bulbs, which is lacking in terms of light brightness. The bulbs included in the kit should be supported by a 12-volt power source in order to produce regular illumination. As guaranteed, you could experience less power consumption with this Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit plus the extended service life.
The headlight bulbs conversion kit is a hassle-free kit, which will take as short as 20 minutes to install. If you have devices that are plug-and-play, this is the equivalent for cars. Instructions are included in its package for easier and quicker installation.
In case you require technical support, you may also contact the manufacturer for assistance. The experienced team of Kensun has long been commended for their good customer service. You may ask about any issue regarding the setup of headlamps when necessary.
- Brighter white light
- No filament causing fatigue and vibration
- Extended service life
- Easy and quick installation
- Top-noted customer support
- Reports of flickering
2. Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion KitNo products found.
This HID conversion kit is available with power wattage of 55 watts and voltage of 12 volts. It has an average current of 4.2 amperage and a maximum current of 8.2 amperage. The operating temperature of the kit is from negative 40 to 105 degrees.
By using this headlamp kit, you could experience up to 229 days of service. Included in the package are dual 55w AC ballast and dual 55W HID bulb. Additionally, The product is offered with a warranty.
As mentioned, the package is complete with everything you need. The wiring requirement of the product is also hassle-free given its plug-and-play similarity. The components of Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion Kit are also waterproof and shockproof.
The amazing thing about the product is its suitability as a replacement for both your headlights and fog lights. Although the common temperature of Innovited kit is 6,000K, you may also choose from its other options providing 3,000K to 30,000K. The price of the kit may vary depending on the temperature you will select.
Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion Kit is also designed to provide less heat during its operation. When used at normal condition, it is around 20 times longer-lasting.
Mounting Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion Kit is also applicable for motorcycles. This means that not only your trucks or cars will benefit from this kit.
- Improved visibility while driving
- 35 percent less power consumption
- Less heat during operation
- No filament to eliminate fatigue
- Less expensive than rivals
- May not last long
No products found.
3. Apex HID Xenon Conversion Kit
The HID kit comes with superior slim ballasts. Similar to other featured products, it promotes a plug-and-play installation; you do not need to cut wires to set it up.
Even if you do not have skills to perform the replacement, everything will be hassle-free. As estimated, you will be able to finish the installation in 20 minutes or even less. In every package, you will get all the components you require.
Apex HID Xenon Conversion Kit is available with dual HID bulbs and dual slim harnesses. The HID bulbs come in different colors ranging from 3,000K to 30,000K. There are also several fitting options offered for the bulbs.
In order to avoid replacing your item, you simply have to check your car’s requirements prior to selecting a fitment of HID bulbs. Parts included in Apex HID Xenon Conversion Kit are highly resistant to different elements in the environment; it will not erode away instantly despite the constant exposure.
Besides its waterproof feature, the kit will not be damaged by dust or impact. Similar to top quality HID kits, the product could last more than 200 days. Take note that you could get this kit at a considerably lower price.
The product does not only come with a written manual, but installation diagram to make the process easier. It is also offered with up to two years manufacturer’s warranty.
- Does not require wiring for setup
- Digital ballasts
- Has built-in CPU for damage prevention
- Lasts over 10 times than halogen bulbs
- Tested components prior to packaging
- Ballasts are made from plastic
4. ModifyStreet Projector Headlights
The headlight is an amazing and preferable one that Fits 09-18 Ram 1500 / 10-18 Ram 2500 and Ram 3500. With the expansion of its uses and effectiveness, the modified street headlights stand at the top than the other.
But you have to make sure that your ram is not with a stock projector. Otherwise, it won’t fit in it.
Usually, you’ll be getting the projector headlight in black color. The design will look quite like the stock projector but upgraded.
There is a pair of headlights that comes with the kit. You can implement them on both the driver and the passenger sides.
All the headlights of the brand are compliant with SAE and DOT FMVSS108 regulations. They are also certified with ISO-9000, ISO-9001, and ISO-9002. All the proper stages and convenient acts have been passed to ease the customer’s usage.
The weight of the kit is 20 pounds. It comes in 25.4 x 24 x 13.6 inches.
- Very easy and convenient to install.
- Comes with great sheerness.
- Best value for your money and the service it provides.
- Slick looking lights are providing enough comfort to you.
- The stocky design is quite backdated.
- Not safe under foggy or vapor conditions.
5. BICYACO LED Headlights
An upgraded product is always something catchy to the users. Such as the BICYACO LED Headlights. The car freaks have termed it to be a significant update from the previous version.
The new upgrade provides you with a 4×6 inch LED headlight. These headlights are plug and play enabled. The anti-flicker is adequately merged with the circuit board to avail a good recommendation and proper installation of the headlight.
These headlights are passed under certain renowned stages. They are DOT and SAE approved. Anyone staying in any part of the world can nail their driving experience with those headlights.
One of the best features of the kit is its waterproof and shockproof features. Also, the pure PC cover restrains it from getting excess hot.
The cooling system of the headlights is also upgraded. Hardly, you can put any scratches on the glass of the light. You’ll need only 20 minutes to set up and install the kit firmly.
You’ll be getting 3600Lm/ pcs for High beam & 2800Lm/ pcs for low beam. They are also formed with ultra-bright Osram LED chips with real 60W output brightness. You can stay sure that it won’t blind others’ eyes due to its sharp and straight cut line lighting.
The dimension of the kit is 6.7-inch x 4.33-inch x 3.15 inch. The weight of the item is 6.61 pounds. Its voltage unit is 12 volts.
Some of the most compatible medium for the headlights are Chevy Suburban K1500 K3500, Chevy C70 C4500 P40 P60, Chevy W3500 W4500 W5500, Chevy Camaro RS, Silverado V10, Kenworth T800 / T400 / T600, Peterbilt 357 / 378 / 379, Chevy K5 K10 K20 K30 Blazer S10, etc. The kit is mostly preferable for HID Xenon H4651 H4652 H4656 H4666 H6545.
- Quick and easy installations
- Have perfect protection against heating issues
- Efficient brightness with a proper ray of light
- Adjustment of the low and high beam is perfect
- These lights are dot approved
- The headlight is weaker against foggy conditions
- Gets moisture quickly
6. AlphaRex Dual Projector Headlights
One of the best projector headlights for Ford users is the AlphaRex dual projector headlights. You can easily fit it in the 18-19 Ford F150. Keep in mind that it doesn’t fit in the stock LED headlights.
The kit comes in black color. They feature an efficient LED light tube. You’ll get them in pairs, suitable for both the driver and passenger usage. The size of the low and high beam bulbs is h7 each.
The low and high beam configuration of the headlight is balanced correctly. The upper projection is for the low beam, and the lower one is for the high beam.
An effective signature feature is enabled in the headlights. It makes the headlights glow after you unlock the car with your key. Also, it makes an enhanced style signal when you turn the car around or change the lane.
The headlights are made up of polycarbonate plastic lenses. They are protected with anti-fog layers. It makes a significant impact under any adverse conditions and yellowing or oxidation effect.
All the headlights of the brands are compliant with SAE and DOT FMVSS108 regulations. They are also ISO-9000, ISO-9001, and ISO-9002 certified. You get the headlights in chrome, black and jet-black housing.
The brand and its members are always up for any assist. The tech support is swift and supportive within less time.
- Very stylish and makes the car looks upgraded
- Excellent road presence and lane changing reader
- Makes the right level in terms of producing the low and high beam lights
- The variation of the colors gives you great taste in terms of implementing it.
- The kit required professionals to set it up.
- The connectors misfunction under adverse conditions.
7. Anzo LED Headlights
The Chevy Silverado headlights are pretty popular in the world. Having all the great and satisfying traits, you can rely upon the Anzo LED headlights for a Chevy Silverado.
The formation of the headlight kit is exact and ultra-shaped. It is endowed with UV protection and Abrasive coating. No extra modifications are required to run the LED light.
Its performance for the super bright LED light is pretty efficient. The light can cover a reasonable distance with its power and beam. Just plug in the light and get its service instantly.
You will be getting the light in pairs that sum up both the passenger and the driver’s side. It comes in both with/without HID type.
The headlight is pretty robust to overcome any controversial issues. It can firmly fight back against the oxidation caused by the coastal area. Also, you can use it under any harsh dust and rugged debris environment.
For good running, the headlight does not cause any moisture in it. Also, the heat reduction capability of the headlight keeps it ahead of many others.
- Excellent resistivity under adverse conditions
- Very robust and protective against any accidents.
- Requires professionals to install it
- Doesn’t come with lightbulbs.
8. VIPMOTOZ Projector headlight
When your priority is to provide a feasible sight to the driver and the passenger, the VIPMOTOZ headlight is preferable. The light generated from the headlight assures a safe and clear ray to the pedestrians too.
The building configuration of the headlight is pretty robust and unique. You get the built-in neon tube that produces a soft light. The illumination of the light is pretty much intensified and clear.
With a unique OLED design, the headlight assures the feasible plug and play features. Just plugin and use it as usual. No rewiring or modification is required after installation.
The headlight is compatible with the factory authorized D2S Xenon HID model replacement. You can get the best out of all these components with proper usage of the Xenon HID component, which is mandatory. Its micro prism reflector is pretty useful in giving a good view from all angles.
There is a premium sealant for keeping the kit moderate. All the precautions to overcome the fog and dew situations are maintained in it.
For safe usage and feasible for everyone, the headlights are SAE approved and DOT Certified. All the North American countries can be nailed with the headlight in the car.
- Great Lens to prevent moisture
- Precise installation and good fitting
- Comforting for the passengers
- Not pretty much precisive under foggy conditions
- The packaging is not very much durable
9. SDX HID Conversion Kit
This product is introduced as a slim conversion kit with xenon bulbs. In every package of the product comes two high-performance xenon bulbs, top quality slim ballasts, an installation manual, and mounting brackets. The product also requires a plug-and-play installation, requiring no wiring.
SDX HID Conversion Kit is considerably popular provided that it is offered at a very low price. Many customers even commended it for being convenient. Without the requirement of spending a LED and an arm, this kit will be your greatest alternative.
You could get the kit in varieties of colors, which range from 3,000K to 30,000K. The fitment of the HID package is also not an issue. It has different options, giving you leeway to find one fitting your car.
All of the components of SDX HID Conversion Kit are also shockproof and waterproof, ensuring an extended service life. Solid materials were used to promote further protection from harsh elements in the environment. As its existing customers have claimed, it may last for months longer than other cheap products.
Apart from the manufacturer’s guide on installing the conversion kit, there are numerous videos online that could support the customers. Approximately, you may finish the installation in half an hour. Once you have tried the bulbs and warm them up, you will see that its light will become brighter.
- Very bright light
- Resistant to harsh climates
- Lasts considerable long
- Easy to install
- Different color options
- Reports of defective ballasts
10. OPT7 Blitz 35W HID Xenon Conversion Kit
This HID conversion kit has been known for its high performance and superior quality ballasts. These components require less-hassle installation given these are mount-less. You may also select from a variety of sizes and colors under this brand.
As claimed, this is the smallest HID kit you could get from the market. Even if your car’s installation area is compact, it will still fit comfortably. Included in the package is a 35W ASIC chipset, which could provide service for more than 4,000 hours.
OPT7 Blitz 35W HID Xenon Conversion Kit also guarantees to generate light over 366 percent than typical halogen bulbs. Besides the high-quality bulbs, it comes with a casing made of T6 aluminum alloy, ensuring more robust protection for the bulb. This component is even sealed for water protection.
Besides the superior shell casing quality, silicone material is added. The material promises to resist water and shock for further protection. Furthermore, its 35W ballasts will power up your light bulbs with temperature of 3,000K to 10,000K.
The complete package of OPT7 Blitz 35W HID Xenon Conversion Kit makes it more convincing to use. Without the use of additional parts, you could complete the replacement lights’ setup. Even picking the right size will be easier since there is a wide range of dimensions offered by the brand.
- Smallest HID conversion kit
- Does not require additional components for setup
- HID bulbs lasts longer than 5,000 hours
- Various light temperature and color options
- Capacitors and harness about flickering
- Reports of poor quality components
Types of HID Kit
Prior to getting an idea of the best HID conversion kit, you should be aware of its varieties. It is true that conversion kits are made to provide better light than your typical halogen headlights. Professionals can attest that the best HID kits can provide thrice the light you could obtain from halogen.
At present, the illumination generated may even be five times stronger. This could be attributed to the filaments of HID lights, which are not present in halogen bulbs that only utilize gases.
1) Xenon HID Kit – This could be your best HID headlights given that it could produce more intense light. In order to start up, it requires up to 24,000 volts. Normally, this type of HID system also comes with a separate ballast, which is a power pack.
Ballast is responsible for providing the HID bulb with feed. Consequently, a light arc will be generated, which is specifically 300 percent brighter than the previous halogen illumination. Its lifespan is also extended by up to 10 times.
2) Mercury-Vapor HID Kit – There are top or best HID kit brand options that still use a gas discharge lamp. Specifically, this utilizes an electric arc to produce light with the assistance of vaporized mercury. This generation is stored in an arc tube filled with quartz.
The HID kit has protection from harmful ultraviolet rays given its outer bulb. According to experts, this type of lamp is more effective than most products made of fluorescent and incandescent lamps.
3) Metal-Halide HID Kit – The electrical HID kit generates electric arc-supported light. The support it gets comes from metal halides and mercury combination. In other words, it is another gas discharge lamp.
The type of lamp has been present since the 1960s. You could somehow find it alike to mercury vapor lamps. The difference is its extra metal halide compounds, which are responsible for better color rendition and light efficiency.
4) Sodium-Vapor HID Kit – HID kits made of sodium-vapor lamps are also gas discharged. To produce light, the kit makes use of sodium. There are two types of this HID kit, which are high and low pressure.
High-pressure lamps generate a wider light spectrum. Alternatively, low-pressure lights are highly effective sources of lights but with yellow color.
5) Ceramic Discharge Metal-Halide HID Kit – The source of light in this type of HID kit is metal-halide. Compared to standard metal halide HID kits, it is up to 20 percent more effective and also has better color rendition.
What to Look For When Buying
Given you already know the types of good HID kits, you should also give way to selecting the right product on the market. This is not done by ranking, but you should take regard of features carefully.
You have to guarantee that you will find not only the best HID lights according to its existing customers but in relation to your standards. Here are factors that will better explain the wise way of finding the best HID kit on the market:
1) Bulb Type – The best thing you could do is find a replacement to the existing headlights. If you have used a xenon HID kit previously, then you should find the same type of headlamp. Be careful in selecting a different type of HID kit since fitting issues may be encountered.
2) Color – There are different colors available offered by Kensun HID kit and other brands on the market. However, if you want the most popular one, you may settle with 6,000K. Before you even change the color of your headlamp, ensure that it is legal to use as per the federal or state law.
3) Tailored Kits – It is appealing to use a universal HID kit since it somehow claims to fit in almost all types of cars. However, this may only waste your investment. There are cars that require a specific kit.
For instance, there are vehicles that require customized ballasts. If you use the basic kits, errors or dysfunction will definitely be encountered.
4) Quality – Check if the HID kit you are taking interest on has passed stringent quality control. There are cheap imports that are marked with certifications even without being subjected to testing. Always check the manufacturer’s background and veracity of certifications.
It is expected that using cheaper HID kits will only lead to a few weeks use. Instead of saving money, you will have to invest two times for replacement.
Using/ Safety Tips
Once you have purchased the most fitting HID kit for your car, you should learn how to properly install your new headlamps or replace your old set. Incorrect installation will often lead to incorrect warnings and faulty dash lights. Be careful not to let this happen or you may find yourself facing a lawsuit after getting caught on the road.
- Prepare Your Car – Prior to using the HID kit, you should check if the disconnection of the battery from the car is done properly. It is best to cool down your engine, particularly if you have recently used it.
- Remove Existing Headlamp – You may use your vehicle’s manual to find the location of your headlamp’s bulbs. Before you remove your existing bulb, it is advised that you detach the wiring first. Afterward, you may already place your new kit.
- Place the Ballast First – It is imperative to find a good location for the ballast. It is advised to search for an area where you could reach the bulb easily.
- Check the Wiring – Before you even try out the new headlights after installation, you should ensure everything is in the proper place. Besides securing the ballast, the wiring is as important.
- Use Small Zip Tie – To keep your wiring neat, you may use a small zip tie. Simply remember not to tighten this extensively. Small zip ties are most useful in attaching the cables to your car, whereas a larger counterpart may be necessary for the ballast attachment to the frame.
Replacing your headlights could be done as early as today. Given the list of best HID packages and guidelines above, it is obvious that Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit is the winner of the round-up. It is not largely due to its variety of color and size options.
Basically, the product could boast every feature it has; it does not lack in every aspect of HID kit consideration, beginning with the component quality; the bulbs and ballasts it provides are all high quality and resistant to damage.
Even its casing is made for strenuous application. The installation is hassle-free. Excellence in customer service cannot be denied by its reviews as well, particularly in terms of installation support and replacement requests.
If you prefer a headlamp replacement that answers every point of customer’s preferences, this is the kit to buy. If you are worried about your budget, then you should be informed that the product is cost-effective; it is available at a reasonable price provided its top quality components and capabilities.