Driving in your trusty car through the streets of your city on a particularly sunny day could certainly be described as a great experience.
That said, if the sun’s rays are too strong, so to speak, this great experience can be spoiled, especially if you can’t see where you’re going – at which point driving can become dangerous.
Our 5 Favorite Car Window Tint for Heat Reduction
Of course, pretty much every newer vehicle comes with some degree of sun protection inbuilt in the windows of the car itself. Also, you have that mini sunscreen thingy that you can collapse from above your head, so that the sun doesn’t hit you directly in the eyes as you’re driving. (On the other hand, this also diminishes your field of vision, so you need to be careful when to use it.)
For drivers, sun rays that are too strong can be even worse than the heat, so anything that can help with this is of massive help. Of course, the heat itself shouldn’t ever be underestimated, either, as the combination of not being able to see properly out of your car and getting cooked in it can truly throw a scorching hot spanner in your plans for the day.
In this article, we’re going to talk about a product that can kill two birds with one stone, if by ‘birds’ we mean ‘annoying automotive issues that drivers have to deal with on a daily basis’. We’re talking about the best car window tint for heat reduction that can both screen the driver from excessively bright sun rays AND prevent your car interior from heating up too much due to hot weather.
Without further ado, here’s the deal.
Best Car Window Tint for Heat Reduction Reviews
1. LEXEN 2Ply – Great Heat Reduction
If you want to get a custom-made high-quality window tint kit for your vehicle, but you worry that you may not find the perfect match for the make and the build of your car model, the good news is that the folks at LEXEN can make new tints from scratch for all car models beginning from 1960 to 2021.
As a part of this kit, you will get complete coverage of all windows of the car, except for the front windshield and the sunroof. (In case your car has a sunroof, of course.) If you want a tinted windshield too, you’ll have to get it separately.
When it comes to the extent this tint will protect you against UV rays, you can rest assured that up to 99% will not pass through your car windows. Also, this window tint kit features a special scratch-resistant hard coating, so you won’t have to worry about scratches and other sorts of damage with this tint stuck to your windows, so to speak.
- Protects against harmful UV rays
- Distortion-free film
- Comes with a high-quality adhesive
- Scratch-resistant tint
- This package doesn’t include windscreen or sunroof tint
2. MotoShield Pro – Professional 2mil Ceramic Window Tint Film for Car
The powerful ultra violet radiation emitted from the sun while driving a car; also has an effect on the interior of the vehicle; it is especially harmful to our skin, as a result of this radiation your skin. It can also cause cancer.
The sun UV rays can also affect the interior surface of your car like cracking, fading. MotoShield Pro’s professional 2mil ceramic window tint film helps a lot to get rid of these problems.
By installing it on your car, you will get 99% IRR rejection and superior solar protection. It reduces the temperature of the interior of your vehicle by 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is very easy to clean; also, it has no dry spot as it is a spray tint solution. It includes full instructions, so you can easily follow the instructions and install it in your car window.
- 99% IRR rejection and superior solar protection.
- It reduces the temperature to 25 degrees Fahrenheit on your vehicle interior.
- Easy to Installation and handle
- Two mils in thickness and environmentally friendly.
- Some users complain about its quality.
3. Lexen 2Ply Ceramic All Windows Precut Tint Kit
It is another best tint of The Lexen brand. It shields you from any harmful rays and reduces sunlight a lot, which allows you to look at the front and drive effortlessly. With it, you get complete all windows tint, which means you get complete protection easily.
One of the best features of this tint is that it is based on the pattern of all vehicle models from 1990 to 2021 so that you can be sure that it will fit with the windows of your vehicle models. Due to its ceramic coating, it has excellent heat rejection.
Its installations are very easy to process. After installing perfectly, you can be sure of any adverse weather. But before you buy it, know well about your local laws. In most areas, the use of tint on the car window is prohibited. So make sure first.
- It can reduce the sunlight and shields from any harmful rays.
- All Windows Precut Kit Includes.
- Excellent Heat Rejection.
- Some customer complains that it is some tricky to install some vehicle models.
4. PROTINT Windows – 30% Shade Color Window Tint Film Roll
The Protint is a great tint film roll, which protects your car window and your car interior with 30% shade colour. One of the features I like much is that you can use this roll for any purpose you want in any window.
It means you can use it on the car window if you want, and you can use it on other windows, applications, or any other purpose effortlessly; there is a visual light transmission from 5% to 50%, so you can select the tint that suits you.
The PROTINT windows tint has tremendous heat reduction, also protects you from 99% harmful UV rays. Other tints take a lot of trouble to install, but you can easily install Protint on any window without any hassles.
It is also very helpful in terms of budget; most of the users are praised for its quality. It can be used for many years as a result of installing it perfectly, which helps a lot to make your investment budget worth.
- If you want, you can use it for any purpose and any window.
- Budgets friendly.
- Protects your vehicle interior from 99% harmful UV rays.
- It is some tricky to separate the film.
5. MKBROTHER – Heat and UV Reduction Window Tint
If you are looking for different tint sizes for different window use purposes, then MKBROTHER heat and UV block window tint are great options for you. You can use this great window tint for any purpose or any size window like our previous picks. It is specially made for car or vehicle.
The MKBROTHER Best UV Reduction Window Tint has heat rejection of up to 50%, making you feel much more comfortable. It also rejects 99% harmful UV rays so that you can have a lot of peace of mind in your car. It is non-metalized and scratch-resistant, so your car window is much safer.
Because it is available in different size formatting, you can choose according to your needs; also, its installation process is very easy as our other picks. As a result, professionalism will not be required, and you can easily install it yourself.
You will find this tint in different visible light transmission formats, like 3% to 50%, but before purchasing, you must know about your state’s vehicle visual transmission law, then purchase according to your choice.
- Available in different size for different purpose use.
- It can heat rejection of up to 50%.
- No experience required; easy to install.
- Non-metalized and scratch-resistant.
- Some users complain about its durability.
6. OTOLIMAN – Uncut Roll Window Tint
The OTOLIMAN Window Tint is extremely stylish, which provides privacy as well as a very stylish look to your window. Since it is an uncut roll, you can use it for any purpose. There are many people who want to use it in the car window as well as in the home window for privacy and protection; in this case, it is right for you.
It has 65% high heat rejection in your house or vehicle, also has no signal interface. It also has 99% UV protection for your skincare. As it is scratch-free, your window is much safer to use. And the interior of your car protects everything from being damaged.
One of the best features is, it is a budget worth picks; it lasts a minimum of 5 years to 7 years without fading, peeling, and cracking, which is much longer than other windows tint. Also, its installation process is extremely simple. I think it is one of the best car window tints also the best home window tint for heat reduction and privacy.
- 99% UV protection for your skincare and car interior.
- Scratch-free and Easy to Install.
- 65% high heat rejection in your house or vehicle.
- Long-lasting performance.
- Some customers complain about scratches on the tint.
7. MotoShield Pro – Premium Precut Ceramic Window Tint for Cars
It is another tint picks of our MotoSheild Pro, but it has some features similar to our previous picks, but it has some more different features. Before buying this tint, you must keep in mind some things and try to purchase according to your car model.
Here each car is separated according to the model, so take a look at that aspect first; there is also shade or visible light transmission up to 5% to 75%. And you can customize the tinted window as you like during the installations.
Any harmful rays protect you and the inside of your vehicle from ultra violet radiation and reduce your vehicle’s temperature up to 25 degrees Fahrenheit. It also maintains the consistent signals of GPS and mobile devices.
Also, the premium window tint of the MotoShield Pro has precut every part, each of which has exactly the same size. So you are ensured to fit perfectly, and you do not have to worry about new cuts. There are also many more features that will help you a lot in your budget’s worth.
- Separate car tint according to different car model.
- Exact size precut tint.
- Protect from harmful rays.
- Visible light transmission up to 5% to 75%.
- Maybe it is hard to install.
8. Auto Expressions Black Magic Instant Cling Window Tint
This is an easy to apply window tint with a press-on characteristic. Even without using glue, it will stick to your window’s surface through the help of its static cling. The product is also designed to be removed and used again.
You can select different levels of darkness and shades under this product. The jumbo pack of the Auto Expressions Black Magic Instant Cling Window Tint measures 26 inches by 78 inches. You may use it not only for cars, but also at home, vans, and trucks.
Compared to other window films around, the tinting solution in this product has a very dark color. This is helpful if you want to sustain the cold temperature in your vehicle’s interior. You simply have to be careful with stains.
It was clarified by the manufacturer that this window tint is not intended for Plexiglas, double-paned windows, thermal glass, and plastic surfaces. The Auto Expressions Black Magic Instant Cling Window Tint appears to be more intended for dry and interior surfaces. Nonetheless, there is no specification stating that it will not work on windows commonly exposed to grease, dirt, and weather elements.
Compared to regular tints, you will find this in a thicker layer. Its size is also sufficient to cover your vehicle’s windows away from harmful UV rays.
- Effective in keeping UV rays blocked
- Keeps interior of vehicles and houses fresh
- Deep finish for more relaxed feel
- Do-it-yourself installation
- Package is enough for all car windows
- Complaints of tricky tinting
9. PROTINT WINDOWS Window Tint Film Roll
This product is designed with 30 percent shade color for better heat reduction. The window tint provides a selection of visual light transmission from 5 percent to 50 percent. You may cut it for different applications including and house window tinting.
The PROTINT WINDOWS Window Tint Film Roll measures 24 inches by 10 feet. This implies that it could cover the standard side windows of any car. Compared to other window tinting film, the exterior side is the only dark part of the tinting.
It enables you to enjoy the view outside your vehicle without people seeing your car’s interior. Similar to other types of window film, it requires preparing the surface to be tinted correctly. You must clean the windows first with mild soap and water.
The installation of the PROTINT WINDOWS Window Tint Film Roll is not that difficult given you simply have to apply the film. Then, you have to remove excess water using a squeegee. For proper fitting, you simply need to trim the film.
In case there are bubbles, you may continue using a squeegee until all are pushed to the side. You have to dry the material for two to three days completely.
You can rely on it during summer days, especially now that it could block UV rays correctly. Unlike other window tints, it does not appear in the purple shade.
- Reduces up to 30 percent light transmission
- Applicable for both cars and house windows
- Dark finish for cooler feel
- Easy to install
- Lasts long
- Film roll is not full enough
10. LEXAN Window Tinting Film
This window tinting film measures 20 inches by 10 feet. Similar to the previous products, it has the function of blocking the harmful rays of the sun. In every package of the LEXAN Window Tinting Film, you will get the film, yellow squeegee, razor knife, and manual of installation.
The LEXAN Window Tinting Film also comes with resistance against scratch. It is available in standard black-gray color for a better finish. Unlike other window tints, it claims to provide more pleasing aesthetics.
Besides blocking the harmful rays of the sun, it can also sustain the cooler temperature of your vehicle. Among shades available under the brand are 35 percent, 50 percent, 5 percent, and 20 percent. The non-reflective film consists of only one ply.
The material used to construct this tinting film is polyester. This layer is dyed for better absorption of heat or light. It has no metalized substances.
Apart from its visible light transmission, the window tint can also reject as much as 20 percent of infrared light. Furthermore, the product is designed for quick and hassle-free installation.
Since it has a coating perfected with scratch resistance, films will not slow down the tinting. Aside from the 20 inches by 10 feet package, the uncut tint film from the brand also offers other dimensions including as 20 inches by 20 feet and 20 inches by 30 feet with equal added cost.
- Blocks harmful sunlight
- Different shades to choose from
- Resistance from scratches
- Complete kit with installation tools
- Pleasing aesthetics
- Not easy to install
11. GILA Xtreme Window Tint
This window tint is the most trusted when it comes to sun ray protection for your car. If you want to make your vehicle’s windows as dark as possible, this is a good option. You have visible light transmission options from 2.5 percent to 35 percent.
Before selecting a level of shade, you should check the legal limit in your state. For instance, 2.5 percent may be hazardous for street use. The manufacturer reiterates that you should comply with the regulations in your place to avoid sanctions.
The GILA Xtreme Window Tint is made of films with strong adhesive layers. In other words, once you let it dry, it will be too difficult to remove it from your window’s surface. This product is made in a facility located in the United States of America, ensuring that it is high-quality and has passed strict quality control.
This product allows you to obtain a limo-like privacy even in your average performing cars. The GILA Xtreme Window Tint can reject up to 97 percent glare, keeping you concentrated on safe driving without the eye strain.
Many customers have tried this product due to the dependability of the company. GILA has long been in the industry, developing technologies related to dyeing, adhesive, and coating. Its films have been trusted to provide long-lasting service to a lot of people.
- Darker than other window tints
- Provides limo-like privacy
- High adhesive between the layers
- Suitable for standard size car windows
- Easy to install
- Tint film is easily torn
12. OxGord Car Window Tinting Film
This product measures 20 inches by 10 feet and a solar film perfected to promote privacy at home and while driving. According to the manufacturer of the product, it is made up of materials tested for their durability. Moreover, to ensure the perfect fit of the window tinting film, it has been tested for the particular model, make, and year of vehicles.
The OxGord Car Window Tinting Film provides you with a wide range of film shade – five to fifty percent darkness. Many customers have commended this product for its relatively low cost. Unlike other tint rolls, the package is complete with a box cutter knife, tinting film, and a small squeegee for a do-it-yourself installation.
The product is sufficient enough to cover all the windows of your car. It has a great way of binding and blocking the rays of the sun. Your car’s interior temperature sustenance will also be easier.
People occupying the car will also be protected while traveling given that it generates comfort. The elimination of the sun rays’ discomfort will keep you feeling fresh and safeguarded from eye strain. You no longer have to worry about darkening skin or constant sweating while driving.
Aside from the OxGord Car Window Tinting Film’s capability to block the harmful rays of the sun, it has an interior upholstery fading feature. Glare could also be reduced by this product.
- Full range of visible light transmission options
- Blocks harmful UV rays
- Eliminates glare while driving
- Promotes cooler temperature in the car
- Comes with tools for do-it-yourself installation
- Fragile window tinting film
Car Window Tint for Heat Reduction Buying Guide
Types of Window Tint
If you are looking for a good window tint, you must also be knowledgeable of its different kinds. For every category of the best ceramic window tint, there are corresponding purposes, advantages, and disadvantages. By selecting a type of window tint, your options will be shorter, and selection will be quicker.
1) Dyed Window Tint – If you are on a budget, this is the greatest choice you have. However, take note that no matter how cheap it is, it is less efficient than others. Still, it could block the UV rays using the dye added to the film. It is also capable of absorbing solar heat. As a result, even your interior temperature will be regulated.
Other people do not settle for this type of window tint since it will still fade over time. Moreover, it looks opaque and flat from the outside.
2) Metalized Window Tint – You may find lists with the best window tint brand under this category since it proves to be more durable and longer-lasting than dyed film. It contains several layers with the base as an adhesive connecting the film to your window. Following the base layer is the protection against ultraviolet rays.
The top coat of this window tint reflects heat, resulting in the lower temperature in the car’s interior. Approximately, it has the capability to block up to 40 percent of light. However, this type of window tint can interfere with radio technology and smartphone reception.
3) Carbon Window Tint – Unlike the second type of window tint, this does not contain the metal substance. It could be your best window tint film since it eliminates the radio interference and smartphone reception issues entirely. You will find this window tint with a matte and deep color finish.
It is known to not fade over time. Your vehicle’s air-conditioning system may no longer need to work hard given it could block up to 40 percent of infrared or warming light.
4) Hybrid Window Tint – The amazing thing about this window tint is its set of advantages obtainable from metalized and died window shades. Take note that even the types’ disadvantages are not present in the hybrid model. The layers of the window tint are adhesive, dyed, metalized, and top coat for protection.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Car Window Tint for Heat Reduction
The best tint for a car is not dependent on what the existing customers have to say. If you are looking to upgrade your vehicle, you should prioritize your needs along with what the product offers. Remember, the best auto window tint is not most reliable when it comes to budget-friendliness or company origin.
You must evaluate the overall performance of the window tint before investing. Relatively, here are aspects you need to look for:
1) State Laws – This must be reiterated for your safety. Before you upgrade your vehicle, you should ensure this is legal in your vicinity. In case it is allowed, you should still look for the best automotive window tint compliant to the restrictions of the law.
For instance, some states enforce limitations about percentages of reflectivity and color. The specifications will even make purchasing proper faster.
2) Top Tier or Average – Window tints are either long-lasting or for short-term use. If you are willing to spend for the car upgrade, then you should settle with one having extended service life. Top tier is a good choice since it does not only fade slowly and appealing to the eyes.
3) UV Reflectivity – Always look for a window tint that will be able to reflect harmful sun rays, which have been proven highly hazardous to your health. As much as possible, find a window tint that will not only block UV rays but prevent trapping it in your vehicle.
Safety Tips When Using The Best Car Window Tint for Heat Reduction
The best tint will not be useful unless you apply it correctly. There are individual recommendations from car experts that you should follow to reap the full advantages of the upgrade. Given below are the following:
1) Let an Expert Install It – Even the best window tint film for Cars advises users to let professionals do the work of tinting. Everyone may try doing the task themselves for money savings, but you cannot ensure that mistakes will be prevented 100 percent. Professional tinting may cost extra but is certainly worth the seamless work.
Usually, window tint fades easily due to bad installation. Signs of incorrect tinting could be visible instantly, requiring you to buy another DIY kit. As guaranteed, professional tinting may let the window film stick for many years.
2) Prepare Your Windows before Tinting – Before you even bring your car for window tinting, ensure that the surface is thoroughly cleaned. Any sticky items or protective tools on the windows must be removed. Antenna, weather stripping, and caulking compounds among others must be detached.
If you will work on the side windows, the cleaning is required in two ways. You need to clean the window lowered around three inches. Another way is cleaning the windows while fully up.
Use a squeegee for better cleaning results. Never try to wipe the windows with a paper towel when working on the window.
3) Learn How to Maintain the Tinting – It is your responsibility to keep the window tinting. In case you detected bubbles on the tinting film, you should push these to the window side. Any card may be used for this but avoid pushing too hard.
An ammonia-containing cleaner is not an appropriate solution for your window tint. When this type of product is used, your window tint will be consumed over time. You should look for a window tint-safe formulation instead.
After making sure that window tinting is allowed in your city, you are free to upgrade your vehicle with the best window tint. Do not let yourself suffer from constant sweat and glares while driving when you can block the harmful rays of the sun and heat it generates. Out of all the products featured above, Auto Expressions Black Magic Instant Cling Window Tint shows to be the best option.
It has every feature you need to achieve the right amount of shade. It even comes with superior adhesion, giving you long-lasting service without the risk of peeling off quickly. Although it has always been advised to let professionals do the tinting, the kit is still completed with a spray bottle, utility knife, squeegee, and straight razor for installation.
If you prefer to use other window tints, simply be cautious in selecting a shade level. Do not select a visible light transmission that is too low for it is dangerous in some places.