The Hitachi SB8V2 with their versatility and reliability will not disappoint you. This power tool with adjustable speeds should cover most tasks for the average woodworker.
The Japanese company Hitachi has been known for the longest time for producing quality tools available for individuals up to larger industrial firms. Belt sanders are just a small part of their vast line of products. However, The Hitachi SB8V2 belt sander keep up with the rest of its class, it is one of the highest quality product that woodworkers and metalworkers are looking for nowadays. Let’s read this review to discover it.
Benefits Of The Hitachi SB8V2
- The Hitachi SB8V2 has a unique and original V-belt design which allegedly doubles the shelf life of the belt sander. This sort of design is much more resistant to wear and tear.
- The motor and the featured speed dial on the Hitachi SB8V2 guarantees that you have sanding power and speeds ranging from 820 to as fast as 1475 feet per minute. This is the sort of speed that is ideal for most sanding jobs.
- One thing that is unique to this particular sander is the transparent window on the sander’s nose. Not only does this protect the belt from that side, but it also effectively gives the worker a view to monitor the sanding surface and the belt as he uses it.
- Components are easily swappable with the Hitachi SB8V2. You can change belts faster and safer with its quick-release system. Additionally, the dust collection system features a high-quality dust bag that is easily detachable when you need to empty it.
RELATED POST: Makita 9903 Variable Speed Belt Sander Review
- Actual Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 9.6 x 8.3 inches
- Item Weight: 9.5 pounds
- Motor: 9.0-Amp (1,020-Watt)
- Belt Size: 3-Inch by 21-Inch
- Belt Speed: 820 to 1,475-feet per minute, Adjustable
- More Accomodating To Components – There are many parts to a belt sander, and though these parts are not conventionally workable on other belt sanders, Hitachi has made sure that they are easily addressed and replaced for this belt sander in particular. The SB8V2 can accept any sort of power tool brush, even the generic sort, to maintain the motor, keeping it strong and in tip top shape.
- Transparent Panel – Besides the benefits as stated above, the Hitachi SB8V2’s transparent top panel gives you a view to make sure that you stay away from accidental sanding of perpendicular surfaces. In other words, you would have a fair warning before you hit a wall from sanding the floor. This panel also helps to keep you from any cases of gouging, or uneven sanding jobs.
- Maneuverable – The SB8V2 weighs enough for the motor it houses, and as long as you are subjecting it to materials that it can handle based on its belt and speed, handling and moving the belt sander around should be a breeze for you.
- Balance Issues – Some persons have claimed that the Hitachi SB8V2 favors the left slightly more, resulting in uneven sanding jobs. Though this can be addressed by applying more pressure down on the material, it shouldn’t be necessary to do exert that extra effort for simple jobs.
RELATED POST: Porter Cable 371K Compact Belt Sander Kit Review