The best band saws for the money is a type of saw that has long and sharp blade. When it comes to uniform cutting action, band saw comes in handy because it has the capability to cut a material in a curve-like or irregular shape. It comes in different tooth pitch and sizes such as large and small band saw.
We are going to list the best band saws for the money that you can find in the market. These products are the people’s choice because of its quality and performance. Depending on your needs and budget, these band saws will come in handy for woodwork or for cutting purposes.
Best Band Saws for The Money Reviews
DEWALT DWM120K portable bandsaw has an editor rating of 9.4 for band saw ratings. It can endure several job sites applications and the motor of the unit runs at 10-amp. The deep cut capacity of the band saw is five inches.
The deep cut feature of the unit is great for cutting rectangular or round stock. It has rubber bumpers and steel shrouds to reduce possible damage to the product when being used in any job site application. The LED light of the unit is a nice touch because it will help you cut lines perfectly even if you are working in a dark environment.
The product has a different speed control for specific cutting performance. The speeds range from 100 sfm up to 350 sfm, which helps for easier control. The design of the band saw is for the customer’s convenience and durability of the product.
The DEWALT DWM120K portable bandsaw has a hanging hook and it will let you hang it rather than pulling it down or up. It also prevents possible damages on the castings or front handle. It is also easy to maintain and the product has also been increased by the company.
The adjustments on the blade tracking helped the product to have a longer blade life. Aside from that, the blade support durability has also been increased for overall steadiness. The unit also has external replaceable brushes.
The replaceable brushes can be used for quick repairs whenever that you need to. The ergonomic features of the band saw are for the customer’s accuracy and security.
The DEWALT DCS371B Band Saw is the best bandsaw for the money because it’ affordable considering that it is made by a well-known company. It is a lithium-ion band saw and a bare tool. The cutting capacity of the unit is two and a half inches.
The position of the handle is at the center of the product for ergonomics and superior balance which helps in reducing fatigue and increasing accurate cuts.
The LED light has a 20-second delay which illuminates the dark for accurate cutting. The unit also has an assimilated hang hook which reduces the chance of damages on the base and front handle.
The blade tracking has been adjusted to increase the blade life. This feature will provide better blade tracking.
The blade changing lever has been reduced to make it easier for you to change the blade. The durability of the blade support system has been increased by the dual bearing blade guide rollers.
The handle of the DEWALT DCS371B Band Saw has been designed ergonomically to provide flexibility and comfort for the user.
The cutting speed capacity of the band saw is 570 fpm. It is great for cutting square tubing, angle iron, threaded rod, conduit and even uni-strut. The unit is easy to use and it has been praised a lot because of its convenience.
This has been considered as one of the best band saw because it can cut perfectly when used in thread and pipes. The unit does not create sparks when used, unlike grinders that can produce fire hazards.
The JET JWBS-14DXPRO Band Saw is a 14-inch deluxe bandsaw kit and it has a 12-inch resaw capacity which is built-in the unit. It is perfect for cutting large pieces of wood and other large materials. The lower and upper cast iron frame has been newly designed which increased the rigidity and strength.
The blade tracking window is easier to view for the convenience of consumers. There is a built-in retractable blade guard and the unit also has a high cutting capacity. The cutting capacity width of the band saw is 13.5 inches while cutting speed height is 12 inches.
The retractable blade guard can be moved up and down that gives you the flexibility to work on large and small pieces.
The powerful performance of the cast iron frame makes it easier to cut through materials quickly. The blade performance has been enhanced because of the lower and upper ball bearing that reduces friction.
The JET JWBS-14DXPRO Band Saw has a variety of features for safety and precision. The poly-v belt drive system delivers a precise result and it also provides two choices for the speed to control it better. The pinion adjustment and blade guide post with rack provides better accuracy compared to other units.
This best benchtop bandsaw also has a high-tension spring design for a consistently good performance even if the unit has been used repeatedly. The band saw can help you lessen clutter in your shop and keep track of your materials with the use of its built-in storage shelf.
The SKIL 3386-01 Band Saw has a rip fence providing accurate and straight cuts. For better cutting in your workplace, the unit has an articulating LED work light. It also has a 1 1/2-inch dust port that reduces dust in your workplace. Metal and wood materials can easily be cut because of its 1-speed motor.
The SKIL 3386-01 Band Saw has a pinion table adjustment and rack for easy height adjustments and quick angle. The product is a must-have for novice woodworkers because of its ability to rip lumber to thinner pieces and cutting irregular shapes. You will be able to cut through different wood materials with its 6-TPI blade.
According to reviews, the best feature of the product is the dust port and the fence. You can attach a hose on the dust port for vacuuming which makes it easier to get all of the dust off.
The table of the unit can also be tilted from 0 degree to 45 degrees which make it easier to cut different shapes of material in your preferred adjustment.
It is also considered as one of the best bandsaws for the money because it is not expensive compared to other quality band saws.
Once you purchase the product, you can register it to get three years of limited warranty. In order to get the limited warranty after you purchase it, you have to register the product within thirty days.
5. Rikon 10-305 Band Saw
The Rikon 10-305 Band Saw comes with a fence and the design is made of solid steel. Even the frame of the unit is made of solid steel which is better compared to other manufacturers who use plastic frames for their product. The rip fence has a good quality and it can also be detached to do free hand work.
A feature of the band saw that is not commonly found in other product is the cast iron table. The working surface is large and it measures 13 ¾- inches by 12 ½-inches.
The motor runs at 1/3 HP which makes it an ideal band saw to use for cutting pen blanks and bowls. The product also has Micro Adjustable Guide Post.
The Micro-Adjustable Guide Post can be lowered or raised to guide post height just by turning a handle. The unit also has a safety paddle switch to secure the safety of consumers. The speed of the unit is 2,780 ft/min and the motor runs in 3.5 amp. The craftsmanship of the small band saw has been praised by customers.
The Rikon 10-305 band saw may not be the best products for beginners but it is perfect for advanced hobbyists. The manufacturer obviously focused on the design of the band saw when you see the unit. The Rikon 10-305 is easy to set up on your workbench but it is also easy to put back on your table after your work. Take advantage of this great product today.
Best Band Saws for The Money Buying Guide
Common Safety Tips
There could be possible accidents when using band saw if it isn’t used properly. Using these safety tips, you will avoid accidents in your workplace for your safety.
Before Using the Machine
The first rule for using this type of machine is by reading and understanding the manual provided by the manufacturer.
You have to make sure that you understand the steps and tips provided on the manual before attempting to use the band saw, especially for beginners. Secure or place the band saw on a place where you can easily adjust it for your own comfort.
Safety Procedures When Using a Band Saw
- Always wear a face shield or safety glasses or goggles to avoid any debris or dust on your face or eyes to avoid serious injuries. You also have to wear hearing protection to reduce the level of noise in your workplace. Protective footwear may also be required depending on the type of band saw that you are using.
- As for the blade guard height, it should be adjusted about 3 mm above the top of wood or material being cut. You have to make sure that the tracking of the blade runs smoothly and freely against and in the lower and upper guide rollers.
Note: Proper tension on the blade should be ensured and if you are not comfortable with this, consider buying a band saw that has a built-in automatic tension control.
- You have to ensure that you have a properly set, sharp blade appropriate for the job or material being cut. You have to keep your hand steady against the table and hold the material flat and firmly on the table to prevent it from drawing your hands against the blade. This is an essential step to avoid serious accidents while using the band saw.
- If there are pieces of materials close to the blade, it is better to use a push stick to remove them. You should not put your hands on the cutting line and near the blade, make sure that your hands are on either side of the band saw’s blade. You also have to make sure that the area where the band saw is placed is always free from clutter.
- To keep the bandsaw properly working, you have to make sure that it is properly serviced and oiled. Proper lighting while working with this machine is also needed, this will ensure your safety and it will make it easier to see what you are working on. Whenever you are doing intricate scroll-type work, you have to create release cuts before tight curves.
You don’t have to use too much force when pushing a material past the blade of the machine. Avoid using compressed air or your hands when removing dust on the table, use a brush or stick instead.
Do not leave the band saw running unattended, always turn it off and wait until the machine has stopped completely before leaving it.
You also have to disconnect the band saw from the power source before changing the blades in it. If in any case the blade runs off the wheels or breaks, don’t open the cover until the band saw completely stops.
Tips and Tricks for Band Saws
These tips and trips will help you use a band saw easily. These steps are time-saving to finish your work faster.
1) Cut with a Sharp Blade – A dull blade can get hot and it may expand, in this case, it will lose tension. When you have to often tighten the blade while using the band saw, it means that the blade is getting dull. Always cut with a sharp blade to avoid it from diving and popping off, this is to avoid accidents such as the blade being stuck on the material that you are cutting.
2) Avoiding Breakdowns – A well-maintained band saw will increase its durability and longevity of the machine. It is always a hassle whenever you have to fix it when it breaks down, money and time are being spent too much. Maintaining any type of machine is an essential step to do in able to avoid such problems.
Keeping your machine oiled is a good step to do in order to maintain the performance of a unit. You can do this step every day and it won’t take hours to do it, it is not a difficult task to do.
3) Always Prepare Your Logs – Preparing your logs before you work on it using a band saw will save you a lot of time and it will let you work efficiently. You also have to make sure that your logs are clean before cutting it with a band saw. Aside from metal, dirt is not good for a band saw as it may cause possible damages on the machine.
4) Don’t Rush It – As per benchtop bandsaw reviews, you don’t have to rush because it can cause possible accidents and inaccurate cuts. It is considered as one of the usual mistakes when using a band saw and it should be avoided. Don’t try to push wood or other materials farther that it’s supposed to go, this may lead to serious disasters.
You can always take your time when you are using a band saw. Use your machine easily and it will provide better results and lessen stress.
Note: This band saw reviews will help you decide which suits your needs and which one does not. These quality products will provide satisfaction to consumers and perform well at the same time.
The best band saw that I would recommend would be the DEWALT DCS371B 20V MAX. It is a quality machine manufactured by one of the leading company in this industry. Compared to other band saw and machine, this unit is cheaper yet the quality and durability are still present.
It’s a good band saw if you want safety for your kids when you are not around. The device will not run automatically once the lock-out switch has been unplugged. This is an effective option for skilled professionals. A lot of customers loved how the unit works for them and it is perfect for small places.
The machine is designed ergonomically to make it easier to use and provide accurate cuts which are what we usually want.
Compared to the previous version of the unit, the blade tracking has also been increased for a longer blade life which is an essential feature. The integrated hang hook of the machine also helps you to avoid possible damages on it which makes it the best band saw today.